Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

ENFJ

Last night I got bored and took a version of the Myers-Briggs personality test that I've learned about in my Survey of Clinical Psych class. If you want you can take it here. It's like 70 something questions but doesn't take that long because they're all yes or no.

Turns out I am an ENFJ which means.

  • E – Extraversion preferred to Introversion: ENFJs often feel motivated by their interaction with people. They tend to enjoy a wide circle of acquaintances, and they gain energy in social situations (whereas introverts expend energy).
  • N – iNtuition preferred to Sensing: ENFJs tend to be more abstract than concrete. They focus their attention on the big picture rather than the details, and on future possibilities rather than immediate realities.
  • F – Feeling preferred to Thinking: ENFJs tend to value personal considerations above objective criteria. When making decisions, they often give more weight to social implications than to logic.
  • J – Judgment preferred to Perception: ENFJs tend to plan their activities and make decisions early. They derive a sense of control through predictability.
If you feel so the need you can read more about me here

And then I made Troy take the test and he's an...
ISTJ

  • I – Introversion preferred to Extraversion: ISTJs tend to be quiet and reserved. They generally prefer interacting with a few close friends rather than a wide circle of acquaintances, and they expend energy in social situations (whereas extraverts gain energy).
  • S – Sensing preferred to iNtuition: ISTJs tend to be more concrete than abstract. They focus their attention on the details rather than the big picture, and on immediate realities rather than future possibilities.
  • T – Thinking preferred to Feeling: ISTJs tend to value objective criteria above personal preference. When making decisions, they generally give more weight to logic than to social considerations.
  • J – Judgment preferred to Perception: ISTJs tend to plan their activities and make decisions early. They derive a sense of control through predictability.
And if you want you can read more about Troy here.

I think it's funny that Troy and I are pretty much opposites. He's definitely the more logical of the two of us and most level headed. He focuses on the now where as I am always thinking about the future. I think more with my heart and he thinks with his head. I can honestly say I've seen Troy get emotional 3 times in the 2 years I've known him. Our wedding being one of them :) Even though lately I've been a pretty big home-body, out of the two of us I'm the one who prefers parties and when we do go out to said parties he'll just talk to people he knows or feels comfortable with and I mingle with everyone. I love being around people. Hence, any future job I hold has to have lots of people involved.

I like to think that we balance each other out. Even though I've never really thought of ourselves as "opposites." We think the same things are funny, we're both weird in our own way, we both like to dance, we hold a lot of the same opinions and we both seem to like each other :)

We're the coolest people i know.


No comments:

Post a Comment