Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

tomorrow...

Is my most favorite band ever in concert! BRAND NEW! and I know all 2 of you who read my blog are probably sick of lyrics but I need you all to understand and appreciate my love/obsession with them. After tomorrow it will be lyric free...for awhile.

so here is my pick of #2 fave songs (it's a tie I couldn't decide)

Order your daughters to ignore me, think that will sort me
and sweep me under the rug
And a beating with a book everyone
the book tells you to love
There is an ember in the heart of the kiln
And its burning hot with love
Burning out my sins until there's nothing but dust
holding me with care into your cigarette
Cause the God I believe in never worked on a campaign trail
--"The Archers Bows are Broken," Brand New

and now probably my actual 2nd fave...

Was losing all my friends.
Was losing them to drinking and to driving.
Was losing all my friends, but I got them back.
I am on the mend.
At least now I can say that I am trying.
And I hope you will forget things I still lack.
--"Sowing Season," Brand New

Jesse Lacey is a lyrical genius. Seriously. Every single one of their songs has a deeper meaning. Their latest album "Daisy" has probably some of their weirdest lyrics ever but they are genius. "The Devil and God are Raging Inside me" is definitely their BEST album. And I challenge all 2 of you to listen to the song "Sowing Season" the first time I listened to it I was like "sure this is good" and then this one part comes in...and BAM. I was hooked.


tomorrow...AHHH!

No comments:

Post a Comment