Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

inspiration

I have been inspired. I am always looking on the internet for furniture and other such things. Always looking for that one great deal, on that one perfect thing that I probably couldn't afford anyway even if I found it. Living in this apartment that I know I will not be spending the rest of my life in is slightly depressing. I like my little apartment don't get me wrong. It has served us quite well and is so super cheap and despite my seemingly endless complaints... it's pretty nice. I'm just ready to move on to bigger and better things. Unfortunately, bigger and better things just aren't quite in our budget as of the moment since we're both in school. So until then I look at furniture that we can't afford or possibly could afford but have absolutely no place or a need for. For example, a hutch, accent tables, a big huge sectional couch (one day! one day...). I REALLY want new furniture. We are in desperate need of a new couch. It's a hand me down from my mom that she bought when I was 9...yikes. Anywho... My inspiration.

I'm always looking at pottery barn and other equally expensive websites dreaming my life away. But I also don't really want to have a pottery barn house. I would like to have my house have some personality. I've started looking at KSL and Craigs List for stuff. And I stumbled upon this blog (on KSL of all places) and now I just want to buy really old cheap furniture and then refinish it! I probably won't do it myself...even though Troy knows how. Maybe I'll just have the people from The Frosted Gardner do it for me instead. One day. When I have my bigger and better house/town home/condo/anywhere other than this apartment. If only you could refinish couches....ok I'm sure you can. But I really just want a new one.

And in case you were wondering (because I know you were) Brand New was AMAZING. They sound AWESOME live. Super talented boys. Fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment