Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

A means of escape or release from confinement; an outlet

That was the definition of vent. Since I was in tears this morning. Here I go...

I've decided that sometimes I really really hate being an adult. The majority of the time the pros definitely out weigh the cons. Yet sometimes those darn cons suck.

I don't really like to lay out all of my problems right here on my blog. In fact, I know that I've been pretty blessed. Sometimes I feel like my struggles are so petty, but I still struggle. Troy and I have been living in a state of high stress lately. {Just to preface no our marriage is not in a state of high stress. We've just got a lot on our plate right now}. This morning when the guy called to tell me that the repairs on my car were going to cost well over $700. I lost it. More so because I took my car in to the exact same place less than a month ago for the exact same problem and they didn't fix it right the first time. Which of course isn't their fault because they still would have "encouraged" me to complete the other repairs. But no worries because they're going to give me a 5% discount {sarcasm much intended}. Do you know what 5% of $700 is? I do. It's $35.

And the thing that made me the most mad? That I couldn't get mad at them. That I just said "ok." I can't make myself get mad at people. Probably because I've worked in customer service for 8 years. I've had quite a few jobs in my time and have been yelled at for ridiculous things, some justified but usually not. Ex. Because their check bounced, or I caught them sneaking in, there was dirt in their salad, or we don't allow outside food, the power went out, poop in the pool, not enough parking spaces and a million other things. I've been that person time and again.

I usually just let it go. But this time when I feel that I am really justified. It's like I don't know how. Even though I've seen it happen a million times.

And it makes me mad at myself.

Things to do: grow a backbone.

1 comment:

  1. man, being an adult really is the pits sometimes. vince and i definitely have had our adult-woes lately too. but, like you said: most of the time the pros out weigh the cons, so i just try to remember that.

    but really -- what the heck was i doing daydreaming of being an adult when i was still young. if i only knew how good i had it then with no responsibilites or real worries!!

    hang in there cute girl!

    ReplyDelete