Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I don't know if any of you have ever lost someone close to you but those of you who have know that you have good and bad days. Most of the time I have good days. In fact, I have good months quite often. Something will happen that will remind me of my dad and I'll be just fine. I'll walk away with nothing more than a small pang of emptiness. Other times that emptiness seems to swallow me whole. Sometimes big things trigger it... like life events. My wedding, sealing, the birth of my daughter, her blessing day, etc... they all had hard moments where it was all I could do to keep myself together. But those were also moments of great joy and I think that helped a lot. Most of the time it's the little things that get me. Movies we used to watch together, someone smelled like him, a song.  Tonight is one of those nights. I don't think I'll ever understand how I can miss someone so much who I once was so angry at. Emotions are funny things.

On a lighter note... 3 posts in 3 days? What????

1 comment: