Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

the big 2-4

I had the most super stupendous birthday a girl could ask for! I never liked my birthday very much growing up. My birthday always fell a day or two after school got out for the summer so there were always a million things going on. Lots of people left for vacation or there were always "schools out" pool parties. It's hard to compete with those kids who have pools. Sprinklers anyone?

Troy always tries to make my birthday special for me. And he most certainly accomplishes it every year! Minus the year when we had just started dating. That year I was interning at X96 for Radio From Hell. I got to meet Panic At The Disco that day and when they found out it was my birthday they gave me 2 free tickets to their concert. I invited Troy and he declined because he already made plans to play basketball. What a lame-o! I still give him a hard time about it.

So my day started when I woke up at 6:15 and couldn't go back to sleep. Troy got up with me and we watched season one of Lost on Netflix until Izzie woke up. After Izzie woke up and had some breakfast Troy gave me my gifts. He got me the latest Lady Gaga album and a shirt with this guy's face on it...

If you're not familiar, this is John Cena. He's a wrestler for the WWE and I'm a tad bit obsessed with him. I don't even watch wrestling but I will turn it on from time to time if I know he's on. He is my celebrity crush.

After presents we decided it was time to clean the house. So we turned up my new Lada Gaga CD and danced in the kitchen as we cleaned. Izzie loved it. Her face would light up with a big smile when Troy and I would break out the dance moves for her while she sat in the bouncer. Big smiles very similar to this one.

This is my favorite smile she makes. It's so goofy.

After that Troy and I went to The Olive Garden and then to my favorite miniature golf course out in Layton called Swan Lakes. Troy's parents watched Izzie for us. We had a really good time. I wanted to be a really good blogger and have all these pictures for you so I brought my camera to document the whole thing. Unfortunately we only got one picture and then my camera battery died. So here is our one picture from my birthday! Mara took some later that day so hopefully I can post those too.


After golfing we went to a BBQ for our niece Allison. Her birthday is 2 days after mine. It was delicious food as always :) And last but not least after Allison's BBQ we went back to our house and a few close friends came over for some ice cream cake.

I really had a fabulous day. Turning 24 wasn't as horrible as I thought it might be. 24 just sounds so old to me. But I'm only getting older so I guess I better get used to it.

3 comments:

  1. yay for birthdays and john cena :) hehe. i'll post the pics asap! love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fossil! that sounds like such a fun day! you guys sure know how to party! haha. I LOVE that picture of Izzie, Eli was in my lap, and as usual when he sees her picture, he stares at it and smiles. That is a cute picture of you and Troy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww... you kids are so cute! Happy Birthday!
    p.s. I love that pic of Izzie!

    ReplyDelete