Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mama's Day

It was my very first official Mother's Day yesterday. Before I go on and talk about my Mother's Day I just wanted to say that I have the greatest mom! I also have the greatest mother-in-law! They have both taught me so much and have been great examples of how to be a good mom. Thanks moms!

I spent the day singing in church for the Mother's Day program and cuddling my baby. My dear sweet husband and daughter got me a beautiful necklace with their initials on it. I LOVE IT.

I can't believe how much my life changed the moment this little girl arrived in my life. I don't even know how to explain to you in words how different my life has become, unless you are also a parent. Being a mom is the hardest job I've ever had. It's 24/7, rain or shine, in sickness or health. Those first two weeks I wasn't sure I'd survive. I never knew I could be so tired. I'm so glad I chose to breastfeed but I struggled, it hurt. Breastfeeding made the sleep deprivation worse because you don't get a break. I didn't get to sleep for more than 3 hours at a time for weeks. I cried all of the time. I couldn't have made it through without my husband, my family and lots of prayer.

I get puked on multiple times every day. I go out in public with puke on my clothes constantly. I get pooped on pretty regularly as well. Troy and I don't get to decide how late we stay out somewhere or sometimes if we get to go out at all. Our whole world revolves around this tiny person. Her wants, her needs come first. I know that a lot of this sounds awful. There have been days that I've been depressed as I've tried to adjust to my new life. All of the hard stuff has been so worth it. I love when I get up in the morning to get my daughter from her crib and her face lights up when she sees me. I love that I'm the one who comforts her most. I love her laugh. I love everything about her.

Being a parent has taught me humility. I can't do this alone. I am imperfect. There are days I don't feel well or lack patience. I pray and find the patience I need or someone comes to my rescue. It has taught me to find joy in simple things. A laugh, a smile, a silly noise. It has also taught me how to serve.

I'm so grateful for the opportunity that I have been given to be a mother. This little girl has turned my world upside down and it has made me all the better.

Thanks for making me a mom izzie.

1 comment: