Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

4 month stats

We went to see Dr. Reese yesterday and baby Isabel is doing well! He was impressed with all of her new skills. He asked if she had rolled over by herself yet and I had to say no. However maybe an hour after we got home from the doctor she started rolling over by herself! Also, you should have seen the look on his face when he asked how many hours she's been sleeping at night and I said "10." He looked absolutely stunned and then said "Are you serious?" I said yes! And then he replied with "What a little blessing she is!" And I very much agree. I would be crazy mom without my sleep. I don't know how you amazing mom's out there do it with babies who have issues sleeping. I would seriously be nut-so! Her 10 hours of sleep at night don't seem to be hurting her weight gain in the slightest. She's a big girl!

16.9lbs, 95%
25.5 in, 88%
head size 98%

She did really well with her shots. She hardly cried at all. Until we got home. She acted fine for a couple of hours and then she got really sad and cried for a good hour. I think her legs were really sore and despite being given infant Tylenol was running a low fever. She was running another low fever this morning but it went down after being given Tylenol. Poor baby. Darn immunizations.

We also discussed starting solid foods! I'm really excited! I don't think she's quite ready for them yet though. I definitely think it will be soon but not yet. Maybe I just want her to stay my little baby a little bit longer??

I want to make my own baby food. Troy and I have been trying to find ways to pinch our pennies lately. I think making food will help since we eat fruits, veggies and rice anyway it's one less thing to buy. Plus, I feel it's a healthier option. We'll see how it goes though! Do any of you mama's out there make your own baby food? I know there are a lot of doo-dads out there to make your own stuff. I've read mixed reviews and I don't want to spend a lot of money on something that isn't worth it. Your thoughts would be much appreciated!


1 comment:

  1. Ryan and I actually never fed Wilson baby food at all. I read a book called "Baby Led Weaning" where you basically just feed your baby what you eat. No need to mash at all. You can't start until she's six months old, but if she isn't fussy and seems like she wants more food it shouldn't be a problem. I loved it, Ryan swears by it, and Wilson is an awesome eater. I bought the book, but let someone borrow it. So if I remember who I gave it to I'll let you borrow it once I get it back.

    ReplyDelete