Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

I had a pretty great weekend! Minus the part where I only saw my husband (awake) for about 5 hours out of a total of 48 hours. Saturday and Sunday Troy worked at the church office building doing all the catering deliveries for Conference. Friday night we had a date night which was really fun. We made breakfast for dinner together. He made the stuff for breakfast burritos and I made mini pancake muffins which I got from bakerella. It was delicious! Then we went and saw The Social Network at the new old gateway 8 in bountiful. Troy and I love going there now that it's been updated. Movies are $6 a person! We both thought the movie was pretty interesting.

I looooove spending time with Troy and we don't get to do it as often now that school has started again and he has all night classes.

On Thursday night my mom and I went to the Farmer's Market in Bountiful where we bought the cutest baby booties that will be perfect for a blessing dress!


I know it sounds weird but these booties have made it more real to me that I'm having a baby. More real than all of the clothes I've gotten, or the dresser I've redone (pictures to come!), the blankets, even more real than the constant kicking and rolling in my stomach. These have been sitting on my dresser the past few days and every time I see them I have a mini panic attack. Little tiny baby feet are going to go in there! Little tiny baby feet that belong to a real baby who will be m.i.n.e. forever. For-ev-er. I can't even begin to describe the mix of feelings I have between being completely petrified and pure joy.

I've also finally decided on bedding. Since apparently I am more picky than the average human being and unwilling to spend $200+ on bedding I have decided to make my own bedding. Well I don't know if I'm going to be the one to actually make the bedding. I know a few people who sew, so I'm hoping one of them will be willing to help me out!

These will be the fabrics I'm using for the bedding! Sorry it's a crappy cell phone picture I keep losing my camera. You can notice that the fabrics are girly but free of butterflies or cartoon animals. I can't wait until it's all done! Now we just need a crib!

I have several more projects in the works for the baby's room.
  • a bow board
  • a mobile
  • a sign with her name on it with cute modge podge letters
and I'm sure I'll think of more things along the way!

2 comments:

  1. AW! so cute! I love the booties! I LOVE the fabrics you chose! I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute fabric you crafty mother to be!

    ReplyDelete