Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

true friends

These past few months have been quite eye opening for me. I think getting married does that to a person. I've had so much to get done and a lot of it has been not fun. When you're actually planning a wedding the realization of "this is way more than just picking a dress, a location and a cake" It's too much for one person to handle so I've relied on some friends. Some have done the dirty work for me and others who I know have very busy lives and live far away have been more emotional support. I am so grateful for my true friends. I've also come to the harsh realization (more of a reality i've been denying for quite sometime) that someone who I have considered to be one of my closest friends for quite some time now...just isn't friend material. I feel as if I've given her chance after chance and excuse after excuse. I've even had other friends ask me how i've put up with this bull shit for so long. And my answer: I have no idea.
I've felt like I've been a good friend to her. I was there during some pretty tough times and yet I still think she only want to be my friend when it is convenient for her. This person has caused more hurt than a friend should. And I don't think I can allow them to be in my life any longer.

On the brightside. I have great true friends. Friends who have taken me to the doctor when I was sick. Listened to me when I was sad. Dropped whatever they were doing to help me out in my moment of crisis. I love them. I know I can count on them and these friends will be life long. I've had a few crappy friends (but honestly who hasn't?) I think in the long run I've lucked out. I have some of the greatest friends in the WORLD. And I hope i can be just as good of a friend to them as they have been to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment