Pages

Monday, May 4, 2009

mind reading

It looks like i wrote 2 posts today but technically one of them was written at like 2am. so to me that was last night :)

So i'm one of those women who falls in to the majority who think that men should read my mind. i.e. i'm upset about something, you better figure out what it is and respond properly. Which almost never happens. And you can't tell them...or say "I want you to be supportive and do this____________" because then it leaves you wondering 'are they really doing that because they want to? or because they want me to shut up?' And in complete honesty it's probably both.

But would it seriously kill them to say "i'm sorry you're so stressed about _________ I can understand why you are stressed. That must be difficult. Is there anything I can help you with?"

AND NOT

"Well just don't stress out about it!"

Thank you. because I've obviously never thought about that. You have changed me. The car insurance will pay itself. My teacher will give me an A because he thinks I deserve it. And a great job with a flexible schedule and good pay will fall in to my lap. Thank you for your all knowing wisdom.
In a perfect world I would think this way.

I actually like to think that I stay pretty calm about things. Or maybe it's because I have several friends who are insanely neurotic so I think I'm more on the sane side. I honestly try not to stress out about things. I don't like to feel stressed. I don't want to be stressed. I tell myself it'll all be ok and work out. And then all these things happen at once and the whole "grain of rice that tipped the scale" thing happens. And I find myself in the above situation stressed and frustrated and just plain pissed off. It doesn't help that I'm supposed to start my period on wednesday either. FREAKING HORMONES. I seriously just feel like crawling in to a whole right now. Stupid finals week. Why am I going to college again?

No comments:

Post a Comment