Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

can't think of a cool title...

I've been meaning to post for awhile. Troy and I went to a Jazz game over a week ago and I have pictures but it's been a test week which means everything that has nothing to do with my two tests (that of course were on the same day) was temporarily put on hold. This also includes making dinner (my poor starving husband) and laundry (poor starving naked husband).

Our house is in shambles right now. there are random note cards scattered about the living room since Troy's finals week is next week and I had tests and random other things since we seem to live on our living room couch when we have a test week. I do my best studying on the couch with the tv playing in the background. Not at our desk in our office...weird. I suppose its because the chair is uncomfortable and I get lonely.

and today i will not be posting Jazz pictures for two reasons
a) i'm too lazy to upload them. blogger takes forever.
b) I read this article this morning and haven't been able to get it off of mind.

It's the perfect words to match how I feel. It's well said/written and I (obviously) agree with it.

just read IT.
It's written by an LDS man (former mission president) who also happens to be a former U.S. ambassador. And I believe those are pretty decent credentials.

and just in case you don't end up reading it here are my two favorite points from the article..

"What has happened to civility in this country? I did not vote for Obama but we, the American people, did. I consider myself an American, not a Utahn. I served 23 years in the United States Air Force and repeat the Pledge of Allegiance to one nation, under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all."

"Finally, my religious faith believes that governments are instituted of God for the good of the people -- all people, not just the rich and privileged! We are often reminded of our duty to care for the less fortunate. I therefore find it odd that the residents of this state are so anti-Obama"

I shall now resign from my soap box.

No comments:

Post a Comment